In the previous article, I have given the tomato soup in the bread bowl. Now, I’m back with the Manchow soup with a bread bowl. Generally to have a spicy soup we prefer Manchow as the best option in the restaurants. The combination of spicy and bread will find a yummy flavor.
- Cabbage chopped 1/4 small
- Carrot chopped 1 medium
- Button mushrooms 2-3
- Chinese black mushrooms soaked 2-3
- Green capsicum 1/2 medium
- Spring onion 1
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Ginger 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic chopped 2-3 cloves
- Bamboo shoots 2 inches
- Vegetable stock 4 cups
- Green chilies 2
- Red chili sauce 1/2 tablespoon
- Soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- Tofu 50 grams
- Cornflour/ cornstarch 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Noodles deep fried 1 cup
- One bread blow
Preparation for the manchow soup
- Slice spring onion. Heat oil in a non-stick wok. Slice button mushrooms. Add spring onions to the oil in the wok along with ginger and garlic and toss.
- Add carrot, cabbage, and mushrooms. Chop Chinese mushrooms roughly and add to the wok.
- Chop bamboo shoot into small pieces. Add 4 cups stock and green chilies to the wok. Add red chili sauce and soy sauce and mix.
- Cut tofu into ½ inch cubes and add to the soup. Mix cornflour with ¼ cup water and add to the soup and cook till it thickens.
- Add salt and mix. Chop capsicum, reserve some for garnish and add the rest to the soup and mix well.
- Serve the soup hot garnished with crispy noodles and capsicum in a bread blow.