Its winter time, most of us want to have soups or some hot beverages for this season. Today I am back with some hot soups which I make at home. I preferably make soups in bread bowls in the evening with family dinner sitting in the lawn with a camp fire. Preparation of soups in the bread bowls will make the soup tasty and yummy. Let’s go with the procedure and process to prepare the soups with bread bowl.
Making classic, creamy tomato soup at home is easier than you might think with this recipe from Restaurant Eugene chef Linton Hopkins. Serve it with Savory Cheese Waffles for a delicious kid-friendly meal.Bread bowls aren’t just for soup; they’re fantastic for breakfast too!
Tomato Soup with Bread Bowl
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1 garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (Ajwain ka phool)
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 10-12 basil leaves (Tulsi)
- Crushed black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Cheese 4 slices
- One bread bowl
Preparation for soup
- Peel the onions and chop them roughly.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Chop the garlic, toss into a bowl and add some salt and olive oil. Place it in the oven on high heat until the garlic is brown.
- Fry the onions, tomatoes, bay leaf, and salt in olive oil. Add two to three cloves of garlic to this and then pour in some water.
- Add the entire remaining bulb of garlic and the thyme sprigs and allow the pan to boil.
- Add the tomato puree, basil leaves, and crushed pepper.
- Heat the soup until the tomatoes are cooked and soft.
- Strain the mixture and remove the garlic bulb and thyme sprigs. You will be left with some thin strained stock and a thick mixture.
- Keep the stock aside for later use.
- Blend the thick mixture, adding a little water if necessary. In the last whisk of the blender, add a slice of brown bread to the soup.
- Add the stock and puree to a pan and boil the mixture.
- Serve this unique tomato soup piping hot in a bread bowl with cheese inside the bread and top of the hot soup.